Workout: 30 minutes stairs/30 minutes elliptical
I thought I might die on the stairs but afterward I felt like a rock star!
I teach dance and acting to kids ages 2-18, actually, this session I have students under 2, one is 14 months! It’s a little crazy!To begin each class I always have the students sit in a circle and say their name and the answer to a question about themselves. It is a great exercise to help the students get to know each other, help me learn their names, and help them get more comfortable. After almost 8 years I have a pretty steady rotation of questions, but I have one favorite question!
What do you want to be when you grow up??
I love this one! Depending on the age of the students the answers vary from exciting to hilarious! Today’s kids were 4-6 years old so most of them were hilarious!
“I want to be the Easter Bunny when I grow up.” – girl, age 6
“I want to be a train driver, there will be accidents, but that’s ok.” – boy, age 5
And the best one of the day:
– girl, age 4: “I want to be a firegirl.”
– boy, age 5: “You can’t be a fire girl, by the time you’re grown up you’ll be a woman!”
– girl, age 4: “No way, I’m not gonna be fat!”
What did you want to be when you grew up?
– A stay at home mom, a missionary, a pastor, a doctor, a dancer – see, even as a kid I knew I’d have a busy life!
Do you ask kids to do something just because they look so cute doing it?
– Yes, totally! That’s one of the best perks of teaching!